You will need:
½ lb duck fat, lard or lard butter
Large steaming pot
Large mixing bowl
Immersion blender or potato masher
- Pour a few inches of filtered water into the steaming pot. Put on high heat and cover.
- Chop and peel carrots. Place in steamer basket.
- Put basket into pot and cook on high until lid starts to jostle. Turn down until lid is settled.
- Steam for 10-20 minutes, until carrots are very soft. Don’t worry about overcooking.
- Dump fat into large mixing bowl and pour hot carrots on top.
- Blend or mash until there are no large chunks.
- Eat hot or place in Tupperware or jar in fridge.
- Salt to taste.
Optional: mix in fresh ginger juice